The last few years I’ve been experimenting with butternut squash in a few recipes. This Butternut Squash Bisque with Bacon is a delicious dish to serve your guests as an appetizer or soup course. It’s easy enough to make and if desired, you can prepare …
Search Results: squash
Cheesy Squash Bake is perfect when you have a lot of squash in your garden. The squash is baked until tender with onion, green peppers, and garlic, and is then topped with a seasoned cracker crumb and melted cheese. It’s makes a delicious side dish to serve with your favorite grilled meats. Continue reading Cheesy Squash Bake
This Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is perfect for summer. I make it practically every week, and it never ceases to amaze me at how quick and easy it is to prepare, and how very delicious it is.
We love Italian food at our house and one of my favorite dishes, especially during the summer, is Tagliolini with Vegetables and Sausage. Italian Sausage, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms and fresh Parmesan. It’s so good. In fact, I often refer to this as my Summer Pasta Dish. Continue reading Tagliolini with Vegetables and Sausage
Labor Day is the last Summer Holiday before days turn short and the air turns cool–A perfect time for one last BBQ with the family. Try one or all of these Labor Day Menu Ideas to help celebrate your weekend.
Sometimes in the summer, when it’s hot, you just want something easy to make for dinner, that’s cold. This Tortellini Garden Salad is perfect for just such an occasion. Plus, you can use lots of garden vegetables in it!
I was probably in my 30’s before I tried Tortellini. Before then, I probably hadn’t even noticed it in grocery stores. It’s really quite wonderful. If you don’t have three cheese tortellini, you could use spinach tortellini. It’s good, too! I usually purchase the dried variety, but you could use the refrigerated kind as well. Or make homemade!
Let it refrigerate for at least an hour. Overnight would work, too.
- 16 oz. three cheese tortellini prepared as directed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 whole yellow squash sliced
- 1 whole cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup green peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables and gently stir in cooked and drained tortellini.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Pour over vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes before serving. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan. Serves 6-8.