Strawberry Cream Puffs are fun to make, a pleasure to the eye, and quite scrumptious to eat! Made with a simple Choux Pastry and an even easier filling of fresh strawberries, sugar, and whipped cream, I just know you’ll be tempted to eat more than one!
Search Results: strawberry
When I was a girl, my family used to go to the Orchid Buffet following church service for Sunday lunch. One of the dishes there that we all enjoyed was a pink fluffy salad. My grandma and I tried to duplicate the recipe for years–and never really found one that was quite like the Orchid-Buffet Strawberry Fluff Salad. Continue reading Orchid-Buffet Strawberry Fluff Salad
This Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble is a delicious dessert to make for your family this spring. Filled with fresh or frozen strawberries, rhubarb, and apples, then topped with a cinnamon oat crumble, it’s warm and sweet, and delightful with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Frozen Strawberry Pie is a perfect dessert to enjoy on a hot summer evening. Lightly sweetened strawberries smothered in whipped topping and encased in a buttery graham cracker crust. Yum!
When I was a girl, I remember my mom brought home a frozen pie from the grocery store. And we thought Heaven had come down to Earth! I think it might have been a Key Lime Pie or a Lemon Pie (with those pretty piped rings of whipped topping along the outer edge) or Frozen Strawberry Pie. They were wonderful. Sweet, and creamy, and ice cold.
Wanting to see if I could recreate a similar dessert, I tried my hand at frozen pies one summer. I made Frozen Peanut Butter Pie, Key Lime Pie, and this one with strawberries. They were all so easy to make and very satisfying after a hot summer day.
Ingredients Needed to Make Frozen Strawberry Pie
Graham Cracker Pie Crust:
- graham crackers
- fresh strawberries
- sweetened condensed milk
- lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- frozen whipped topping
Steps to Make this Recipe
Place a sleeve of graham crackers in a quart freezer bag. Squeeze out the extra air inside and then zip it up. Crush the crackers with a rolling pin. Roll back and forth, over and over until you have fine crumbs. One sleeve of graham crackers should equal 1 1/4 cups of crumbs.
In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter with a fork until combined. Press into a 9″ pie plate and refrigerate.
To Make the Filling:
In a large bowl, mash strawberries. I used fresh strawberries for this recipe, but frozen would work just as well. You could also use a food processor to puree them.
Stir sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice into the mashed strawberries.
Using a rubber spatula, fold in whipped topping until fully combined.
Spoon filling into prepared graham cracker pie crust. Cover with tin foil.
Freeze pie for 6 hours or until firm. This recipe serves 8 people.
Maybe next time, I’ll try a frozen lemon pie. That sounds pretty amazing, too. See more Frozen Desserts Here.
Frozen Strawberry Pie
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs 1 sleeve, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- Place a sleeve of graham crackers inside a quart freezer bag. Squeeze out the extra air and zip it closed. Crush the crackers with a rolling pin, rolling over and over it, until finely crushed.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter with a fork until combined. Press into pie plate and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mash strawberries. You could also use a food processor to puree the strawberries.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and freshly squeezed lemon juice. With a rubber spatula, fold in whipped topping until incorporated.
- Spoon filling into prepared graham cracker pie crust. Cover with tin foil. Freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Serves 8.
PIN TO A FAVORITE BOARD!
This Old-Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake recipe is one I enjoyed as a girl, and one we still make at our family gatherings for Easter, Mother’s Day, and any other time it seems appropriate or desired, especially when strawberries are in season!
Continue reading Old-Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake
This Cream Cheese Pumpkin Roll is perfect for an autumn gathering, whether it’s a potluck harvest dinner, family gathering, or even Thanksgiving. Tender and moist sponge cake rolled up in a whipped cream cheese frosting, it’s so delicious, you’ll be trying to come up with …