This Mediterranean Garden Vegetable Salad is a delicious recipe to make when you want more than a lettuce salad with your dinner, but still desire something light and refreshing. I love that it uses bunches of garden vegetables and that it is so easy to …
Search Results: summer garden
Sometimes in the summer, when it’s hot, you just want something easy to make for dinner, that’s cold. This Tortellini Garden Salad is perfect for just such an occasion. Plus, you can use lots of garden vegetables in it!
I was probably in my 30’s before I tried Tortellini. Before then, I probably hadn’t even noticed it in grocery stores. It’s really quite wonderful. If you don’t have three cheese tortellini, you could use spinach tortellini. It’s good, too! I usually purchase the dried variety, but you could use the refrigerated kind as well. Or make homemade!
Let it refrigerate for at least an hour. Overnight would work, too.
- 16 oz. three cheese tortellini prepared as directed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 whole yellow squash sliced
- 1 whole cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup green peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan
- In a large bowl, combine vegetables and gently stir in cooked and drained tortellini.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Pour over vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes before serving. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan. Serves 6-8.
This summer, my husband’s brother treated us to some wild-caught Silver Salmon (also called Coho Salmon) he’d brought back from a recent trip to Alaska. This is the second time he’s gifted us fish from his adventures, and it is always exciting to cook with the fresh fish. This Foil-Wrapped Lemon Garlic Salmon recipe is easy to prepare and enhances the flavor of the fresh salmon exceptionally well. It receives 5 stars from both my husband and me. Continue reading Foil-Wrapped Lemon Garlic Salmon