I’ve been working on this recipe for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Toffee Cookies for several months now. Loaded with peanut butter, old-fashioned oats, sweet coconut flakes, and chocolate covered toffee, they are quite delicious. Especially when served with a large icy glass of milk.
Tag: Peanut Butter
Chocolate Peanut Butter Meringue Pie is so yummy and delicious. Creamy Chocolate pudding perfectly touched with peanut butter and topped with a fluffy meringue that melts in your mouth. It’s sure to please anyone who has ever craved such a pairing. Continue reading Chocolate Peanut Butter Meringue Pie
This Frozen Peanut Butter Pie is a fun recipe when you want a cool dessert. Perfect for summertime!
When I was a girl, I remember my mom brought home a frozen pie from the grocery store. And we thought Heaven had come down to Earth! I think it might have been a Key Lime Pie or a Lemon Pie (with those pretty piped rings of whipped topping along the outer edge.) They were wonderful. Sweet, and creamy, and ice cold.
Wanting to see if I could recreate a similar dessert, I tried my hand at frozen pies one summer. This recipe topped high on our scoring card. We love chocolate, so the chocolate crust was a winner. We love peanut butter. Again a win. And while the chocolate and peanut butter topping tasted wonderful, I didn’t care for how it cracked after being frozen. So, maybe I’ll need to come up with a peanut butter whipped topping to pipe along the edges. I’ll be sure to post here if I do.
Until then, just be sure to take this Frozen Peanut Butter Pie from the freezer about ten minutes before you serve it. Otherwise, it’s really hard to slice.
See more Frozen Desserts Here.
Chocolate Graham Crust:
- 1 package graham crackers (18 squares) finely crushed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 5 tablespoon melted butter
- 6 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping thawed
- 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips melted
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, baking cocoa, and melted butter. Mix well. Form into pie pan to make crust. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Add peanut butter, mixing well. Gently fold in whipped topping until thoroughly combined. Spoon into cooled graham cracker crust.
- Garnish with melted chocolate and peanut butter chips. Freeze for 4-6 hours until frozen. All Set out 10 minutes before serving for easier slicing. Serves 8-10.