This Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup is so delicious. Seared pieces of chicken breast cooked in an aromatic buttery base of carrots, celery, and onion, also known as French Mirepoix or the Holy Trinity in Italian kitchens. Then finished off with light cream, homemade potato gnocchi, and …
Tag: Chicken Tenders
Easy BBQ Chicken Bites is a great recipe if you like barbecued chicken. They’re not complicated to make and they cooks up in less than 30 minutes. Done!
This recipe was actually inspired by my shopping trips to Walmart with our daughters when they lived at home. It seemed like we would shop for hours, usually after they had gotten home from school, so by the time we were nearing the end, it was close, if not past suppertime.
And we were hungry. The wonderful smell from the deli would draw us in. Barbecued Chicken and Fried Potato Wedges. And more often than not I would succumb to the temptation and buy some for our supper. That, or DiGiorno Pizza–but I’ll save that for another recipe post.
As a somewhat frugal mom and also a food blogger, I had to try and figure out a recipe to make at home. These Chicken Bites fit the bill perfectly. Even for my selective, hungry daughters.
Ingredients to Make BBQ Chicken Bites
- chicken tenders (fresh or frozen)
- all-purpose flour
- seasoned salt
- dried parsley
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- barbecue sauce (We like Sweet Baby Rays)
Quick and Easy Instructions
To make the chicken bites, first thaw your chicken tenders in the microwave (if they are frozen). Then cut them into bite-size pieces, about 1-1 1/2 inch thick.
Place flour, seasoned salt, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper in a gallon freezer bag. Shake it around to sift the ingredients together. Then add in the chicken pieces. Shake until the pieces are completely coated.
Using a large cast iron skillet, heat enough oil to cover the pan. Once the pan is hot add the chicken to the oil. (You can test this by tossing a pinch of flour into the oil, and if it sizzles, it’s ready.) Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Turn and cook the other side for another 4-6 minutes until chicken is cooked through. When the chicken has browned on all sides, pour your favorite barbecue sauce over the pieces (enough to coat well) and cook for another 5 minutes.
This is actually my favorite part of the recipe. Pouring on the barbecue sauce and watching it sizzle and blend into the oil. It forms this wonderful glaze on the chicken that is just scrumptious. And cooking it for just a few minutes gives it a little bit of a crust. So yummy!
This recipe will serves 4-6 people. Serve with Oven Baked Fries.
See more Main Dishes Here.
Easy BBQ Chicken Bites
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen chicken tenders thawed and cut into 1" chunks
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
- barbecue sauce We like Sweet Baby Rays
- Using a knife and cutting board, slice chicken tenders into 1 - 1 1/2 " chunks.
- Place flour, seasoned salt, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper in a gallon freezer bag. Shake to combine. Add chicken to bag and toss to coat well.
- Heat a large skillet with vegetable oil. Place chicken pieces in oil and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Turn and cook another 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Pour barbecue sauce over chicken (enough to coat well) and cook for another 5 minutes. Serves 4.
PIN THIS TO A FAVORITE BOARD!