This recipe for Raspberry Mint Tea is so refreshing and delicious. It’s quick and easy, too. Perfect for an afternoon with the girls or for your next ladies’ meeting. Are you planning a get-together with your friends for a manicure or movie night? Serve this …
Tag: Summer Refreshments
Strawberry Lemon Fizz is a delightful beverage to make this summer.
There’s nothing quite like a refreshing glass of juicy ale on a hot summer day.
My daughters and I first made this drink when we were having a “spa” day at our house. We set the kitchen table up with our manicure and pedicure kits, face masks, towels, a bowl of Dove Chocolate Covered Cherries and a pitcher of this fizz drink. Okay, so we could have eaten fresh veggies with a dip, and that would have been good, too. Along with the chocolate.
Ingredients Needed for Strawberry Lemon Fizz
- Mint Leaves
- Fresh Strawberries
- 2 Lemons
- 3 Limes
- Ginger Ale or Sparkling Apple Juice
Putting it All Together
To begin, you’ll want to make the simple sugar syrup. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water, and mint leaves. Bring to a rolling boil (the kind that won’t stop when you stir it) and boil for 2 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow this syrup to cool.
While this is cooling, prepare the fruit. Slice the strawberries, lemons, and limes and place in a bowl.
Once the mint sugar syrup has cooled, it’s time to assemble the drinks. Using pretty glasses, fill with strawberries, and slices of lemon and limes. Add a tablespoon of the mint sugar syrup to the fruit and then fill glasses with cold ginger ale or sparkling apple cider. We used ginger ale, but the apple cider would work well, too.
Strawberry Lemon Fizz drinks are so “girly”. We love it. Plus, the strawberries at the end are pretty tasty, too.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 quart fresh strawberries halved
- 2 large lemons sliced
- 3 large limes sliced
- Ginger ale or sparkling apple juice
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, and mint. Bring a rolling boil. Cook for 2 minutes until dissolved. Allow to cool. Discard the mint.
- Using a cutting board, slice strawberries in half and place in a bowl. Slice lemons and limes into 1/4" slices. Add to bowl.
- When ready to serve, fill glasses with strawberries, and slices of lemon and lime. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the mint syrup. Add cold ginger ale or sparkling apple juice to each. Serves 4-6.