Apple Pecan Spice Cake
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Try this delicious Apple Pecan Spice Cake when the apples are ripe on the tree. It uses the wonderful scents and flavors of fall–cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, pecans.
The apples and applesauce keep it moist for many days, and the powdered sugar glaze adds that special touch both for the eye and tongue.
Great for potlucks, too. It uses a 10-cup Bundt cake pan and will serve 12 or more. See more Bundt Cake Recipes Here.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add vanilla and butter flavor. In small bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce. With wooden spoon, fold in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10" Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before turning out of pan. Allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over low heat. Stir in half and half. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour over cake. Serves 12.