Apple Pecan Spice Cake
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Try this delicious Apple Pecan Spice Cake when the apples are ripe on the tree. It uses the wonderful scents and flavors of fall–cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, pecans.
The apples and applesauce keep it moist for many days, and the powdered sugar glaze adds that special touch both for the eye and tongue.
Great for potlucks, too. It uses a 10-cup Bundt cake pan and will serve 12 or more. See more Bundt Cake Recipes Here.
Bundt Cake Pan
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup applesauce chunky
- 1 cup finely chopped and peeled apple
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add vanilla and butter flavor. In small bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce. With wooden spoon, fold in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10" Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before turning out of pan. Allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over low heat. Stir in half and half. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour over cake. Serves 12.
*Unless otherwise noted, all of my recipes use "salted" butter. If using unsalted butter, you may want to increase the salt in this recipe.
Like This Recipe?Share on Facebook / Instagram - Please mention @countryatheartrecipes or tag #countryatheartrecipes
3 thoughts on “Apple Pecan Spice Cake”
Love your blog and recipes. The ones I have tried are delicious. Thank you. Is it possible to get a print without a picture. Trying on ink. The article for Tea time cookies can not get Russian Tea cookies???? Thank you for all your hard work and great ideas.
Thanks for stopping by to say hello. I'm so glad that you are enjoying the recipes here! Yes, it's possible to print without the picture. To do this, go to the printable version of the recipe and then with a left click, drag your mouse over the portion of the recipe you'd like to print and then right click to print. Hope this helps!
Hi again, I am noticing that the actual link to the Russian Tea Cakes works, although the little linkwithin picture posts does not. Sorry about that. Try this: