Blueberry Peach Slab Pie
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate, and a King Arthur Baking affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I first tried making this Blueberry Peach Slab Pie while on vacation with our family in Branson, MO. I wanted a fun and easy dessert to make for one of our meals there, and this pie was a perfect hit.
To make things even easier, I prepared the dough ahead of time, sealed it in a freezer bag, and tucked it into our cooler. This made the pie preparation so easy!
No need for a pie plate. Just lay the pastry dough on a baking sheet and spoon the fruit mixture on top. Plus, a slab pie bakes faster than a traditional pie, so that makes it perfect for summer desserts!
Ingredients Needed for Blueberry Peach Slab Pie
- 3 large peaches (cling free are best)
- fresh blueberries
- orange juice
Instructions on Making a Slab Pie
You’ll want to prepare the peaches first, so they have time to get juicy in the sugar and flour mixture. Mix the fruits together with flour, sugar, and orange juice and let them set while you prepare the pie dough.
To make the pie dough, mix together the flour and salt. Then cut in the butter with a blending fork or pastry blender. Once the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, add cold water and finish mixing until dough forms a ball when stirred.
Roll the dough out onto a floured surface to a 10″ x 20″ rectangle. Transfer the dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
Then spoon the fruit mixture onto the center of the dough, leaving two-inches on the outer edge. Fold this edge up around the fruit, then brush edges with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until the pastry is lightly browned and the fruit is hot and bubbly.
Serve Blueberry Peach Slab Pie warm with vanilla ice cream. So delicious!
See more Pie Recipes Here.
Blueberry Peach Slab Pie
- 3 large peaches sliced halved, skinned, and pitted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a sharp knife, core, peel, and slice peaches.
- Place prepared peaches in large bowl. Sprinkle with flour and sugar. Add orange juice and blueberries. Gently stir until moistened.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter with pastry fork until crumbly. Add water and mix until combined. Mixture will form a ball. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface to 12x10" rectangle.
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Arrange fruit mixture down the center of crust, leaving a two-inch border. Fold edges of pastry over peaches. Brush pastry edges with 2 tablespoons milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Serves 6-8.
PIN TO A FAVORITE BOARD