These Individual Gelatin Desserts are super delicious, and a fun food project to make with kids this summer. Filled with strawberry and Berry Blue Jell-O, fresh strawberries and blueberries, and a fluffy marshmallow whipped topping.
Tag: Whipped Topping
This fall I’ve been experimenting with trifle recipes and this Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle with Gingersnaps won my vote for delicious taste and ease of putting together. If you’re looking for a yummy, crowd-friendly dessert for your next family gathering or potluck dinner, be sure to …
When our daughters were young, I liked to make a Patriotic Berry Dessert for the 4th of July. Filled with strawberry and blueberry Jello, whipped cream, berries, and angel food cake, it was the highlight of the evening, usually enjoyed following the fireworks display. Continue reading Patriotic Berry Dessert
Grandma’s Chocolate Delight Dessert is still a popular hit at our family gatherings with its pecan shortbread crust, chocolate pudding and whipped cream cheese fluff. So yummy! Some people may know this dessert by another name: S _ _ in a pan, comes to mind. …
Frozen Strawberry Pie is a perfect dessert to enjoy on a hot summer evening. Lightly sweetened strawberries smothered in whipped topping and encased in a buttery graham cracker crust. Yum!
When I was a girl, I remember my mom brought home a frozen pie from the grocery store. And we thought Heaven had come down to Earth! I think it might have been a Key Lime Pie or a Lemon Pie (with those pretty piped rings of whipped topping along the outer edge) or Frozen Strawberry Pie. They were wonderful. Sweet, and creamy, and ice cold.
Wanting to see if I could recreate a similar dessert, I tried my hand at frozen pies one summer. I made Frozen Peanut Butter Pie, Key Lime Pie, and this one with strawberries. They were all so easy to make and very satisfying after a hot summer day.
Ingredients Needed to Make Frozen Strawberry Pie
Graham Cracker Pie Crust:
- graham crackers
- fresh strawberries
- sweetened condensed milk
- lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- frozen whipped topping
Steps to Make this Recipe
Place a sleeve of graham crackers in a quart freezer bag. Squeeze out the extra air inside and then zip it up. Crush the crackers with a rolling pin. Roll back and forth, over and over until you have fine crumbs. One sleeve of graham crackers should equal 1 1/4 cups of crumbs.
In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter with a fork until combined. Press into a 9″ pie plate and refrigerate.
To Make the Filling:
In a large bowl, mash strawberries. I used fresh strawberries for this recipe, but frozen would work just as well. You could also use a food processor to puree them.
Stir sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice into the mashed strawberries.
Using a rubber spatula, fold in whipped topping until fully combined.
Spoon filling into prepared graham cracker pie crust. Cover with tin foil.
Freeze pie for 6 hours or until firm. This recipe serves 8 people.
Maybe next time, I’ll try a frozen lemon pie. That sounds pretty amazing, too. See more Frozen Desserts Here.
Frozen Strawberry Pie
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs 1 sleeve, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- Place a sleeve of graham crackers inside a quart freezer bag. Squeeze out the extra air and zip it closed. Crush the crackers with a rolling pin, rolling over and over it, until finely crushed.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter with a fork until combined. Press into pie plate and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mash strawberries. You could also use a food processor to puree the strawberries.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and freshly squeezed lemon juice. With a rubber spatula, fold in whipped topping until incorporated.
- Spoon filling into prepared graham cracker pie crust. Cover with tin foil. Freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Serves 8.
PIN TO A FAVORITE BOARD!
Many years ago, author Deborah Raney first introduced me to Cream Puff Dessert. It’s a delicious, easy recipe and great for potlucks or family entertaining. My family loves it and requests it often. Ingredients Needed to Make Cream Puff Dessert water butter all-purpose flour eggs …