Cream Puff Dessert
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate, and a King Arthur Baking affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Many years ago, author Deborah Raney first introduced me to Cream Puff Dessert. It’s a delicious, easy recipe and great for potlucks or family entertaining. My family loves it and requests it often.
Ingredients Needed to Make Cream Puff Dessert
- all-purpose flour
- cream cheese
- French Vanilla instant pudding
- frozen whipped topping (thawed)
Homemade Puff Pastry
Rather than buy puff pastry, I make my own, which is easy to do. Simply boil water and butter. Stir in flour until a ball forms, and then transfer mixture to a mixer where you’ll add eggs one at a time, beating well between additions. Then bake your crust. Easy, peasy.
The pudding section is also a snap to make. A combination of softened cream cheese and pudding. I like to use French Vanilla Pudding for this dish. Vanilla works in a pinch, but the French Vanilla flavoring just gives it an “oh la la” moment.
Mix all of this together into one dreamy, creamy concoction. Add pudding mixture to your cooled crust. Top it with whipped topping and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Hershey’s please. And Voila. You’re done!
Refrigerate for at least an hour, then serve! If it’s going to be a while before I serve the dessert, I will often wait to drizzle the chocolate syrup until then. Otherwise, it tends to spread and stain the whipped topping.
This Cream Puff Dessert is not only delicious, it’s pretty to serve. A cream puff in a pan. Your company will be licking their plates and asking (or dreaming) for more.
See more Dessert Recipes Here.
Cream Puff Dessert
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 small French Vanilla instant pudding
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 8 oz. whipped topping thawed
- 1/3 cup chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In medium saucepan, boil water and butter. Add flour. Mix well with wooden spoon. Dough will form a ball. Remove from heat. Transfer dough to mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Spread dough in ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Press down crust as it bubbles. Bake for another 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Press down crust once more and allow to cool.
- To make filling, beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until smooth. Add pudding mix and stir in milk slowly. Mix until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Spread filling onto cooled crust. Top with whipped topping. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serves 16-20.