This Mediterranean Garden Vegetable Salad is a delicious recipe to make when you want more than a lettuce salad with your dinner, but still desire something light and refreshing. I love that it uses bunches of garden vegetables and that it is so easy to …
Cast Iron Skillet Frittata is an easy, delicious, and very colorful recipe to make for your family for breakfast. Loaded with lots of vegetables and topped with cheddar cheese. So yummy. Perfect for the holidays, or anytime you’re looking for a filling breakfast.
I love Stir Fry Vegetables with Shrimp and could eat this stuff all week long. And stir-frying is so easy. Perfect for a weeknight meal. Quick and Easy!
This recipe has lots of vegetables, Green Bell Pepper, Onion, Mushrooms, and Zucchini. Plus cute little bow-tie pasta. And Shrimp.
Can I just say that I LOVE shrimp. So, really, any recipe that has shrimp in it is something that I’m going to enjoy!
Ingredients Needed to Make Stir Fry Vegetables with Shrimp
- multi-colored bow tie pasta
- extra-virgin olive oil
- green bell pepper
- sweet onion
- button mushrooms
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- seasoned salt
- medium-large shrimp
- Parmesan cheese
Preparing the Ingredients
Call me weird, but I really get into cutting vegetables on my wooden chopping block. And this recipe has lots of vegetables to cut–zucchini, green pepper, mushrooms, and onions. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not fast as lightening. Chop, chop, chop. But it’s fun, and it gives me a feeling of accomplishment. Like I’m really cooking in the kitchen!
Do Your Prep Work in Advance
So, the first thing you’ll want to do is prepare your vegetables. It’s always a good idea to do the prep work in advance or at least before you begin cooking. That way you’ll have all your needed ingredients at hand when it’s time to cook. This is especially handy when you do any kind of stir-fry.
With that in mind, chop your green bell pepper and onions. Then slice your mushrooms and zucchini. Mince your garlic.
Using a colander, thaw frozen shrimp under cool running water. Shell and devein. You can use precooked shrimp if you want, but cooking shrimp is not hard to do. So go ahead and buy those ugly gray ones in the store. Raw shrimp will be fresher, plus it’s less expensive!
Time to Stir Fry
Once your vegetables are prepared, go ahead and cook your pasta. In a large saucepan, cook bow tie pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water for use later, then drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat butter and oil. Over medium heat, saute the green pepper, onion, and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes until zucchini is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and seasoned salt.
Lastly, add in your shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp turns pink. Pour a little pasta water to the shrimp if necessary to make a nice consistency of the sauce.
When ready to serve, toss vegetables with drained pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. This recipe will serve 4-6 people.
Serve this pasta dish with Cheesy Garlic Biscuits.
Stir Fry Vegetables with Shrimp
- 10 oz multi-color bow tie pasta
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 1 large green pepper sliced
- 1/2 large sweet onion diced
- 7 whole button mushrooms sliced
- 3 medium zucchini sliced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 12 oz large shrimp shelled and deveined
- Parmesan cheese grated
- In large saucepan, cook bow tie pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat butter and olive oil. Over medium heat, cook green pepper, onion, and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes until zucchini is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and seasoned salt. Add shrimp and cook for 5-6 minutes until shrimp turn a nice pink color.
- When ready to serve, toss vegetables with drained pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.