Herbed Brown Rice
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My husband is a meat and potatoes kind-of-guy, but I often serve this Herbed Brown Rice in place of potatoes.
I used to purchase Uncle Ben’s Long Grain and Wild Rice Blend, but this recipe is every bit as good. I’ll substitute the brown rice with a wild rice blend if I have it in the pantry, which makes it even better. But that blend is sometimes hard to find at our grocery store.
Serve Herbed Brown Rice with your favorite pork, chicken, or salmon recipe. See more Side Dishes Here.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- In a medium saucepan, add water, chicken bouillon, salt, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, and thyme. Bring to a boil. Add rice. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20-25 minutes until liquid is gone. Remove from heat and allow to set for 5 minutes before serving. Serves 4-6.