Vinegar Chicken with Green Beans
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’m always searching and trying new recipes to make for my husband and me on weeknights. Preferably, something easy. One pot meals are perfect. Less clean-up! This Vinegar Chicken with Green Beans is a perfect weeknight meal.
I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Again easy. And fresh carrots and green beans from the grocery store, although you could substitute frozen if that’s what you have on hand.
Brown the chicken thighs in a pan. I like to use my shallow 3 quart Dutch oven that can go from the stove to the oven. Again easy and less clean-up!
What I love most about this Vinegar Chicken with Green Beans recipe is the wonderful tang from the red wine vinegar. I feared that using so much vinegar (1 1/2 cups) would make this dish horribly strong. But it wasn’t. It was delicious. Serve with some crusty Sourdough Bread. Enjoy!
- 6 pieces skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 whole onion peeled and sliced
- 2 whole carrots peeled and sliced into 1" cubes
- 1 pound fresh green beans broken into halves
- 1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 3 quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Arrange chicken thighs in pot and cook on both sides, turning once to brown. Add onion, carrots, and green beans. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine vinegar, broth, tomato paste, and garlic.
- Pour over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Cover with lid and transfer to oven. Bake for 50-60 minutes until chicken is tender. Let rest 10 minutes. Serves 4-6