Moms work hard taking care of their families. They cook for them and take care of their bodily needs. Wash their clothes. Kiss boo-boos on knees and elbows. They read countless stories, say prayers, and tuck their children into bed at night. What better time …
Chocolate Cream Cake is a delicious dessert our family enjoys. It’s not only creamy, it’s dreamy! This chocolate cake hits the spot on so many levels. It’s moist. It’s rich. And the chocolate fudge frosting just makes me croon. You know what that means, right? It makes me want to sing! Continue reading Chocolate Cream Cake
We love this Tangy Sourdough Bread and make it every week! It makes two loaves, so I’ll either freeze one for later in the week, take it to our weekly potluck at church, or give a loaf to family or friends.
Roast Beef and Noodles is a favorite dish I like to make in the fall and winter. There are few things better than to walk in from the cold to the savory scent of roast beef cooking on the stove.
I love Dutch Oven Cooking, and this recipe is Comfort Food Deluxe. From the tender roast beef to the toothy, flavorful egg noodles and gravy poured over mashed potatoes. Delicious!
Use frozen noodles if you wish, but I like to make my own from scratch while the roast is simmering on the stove. Homemade Noodles are easy to make. Just mix up the dough and roll them out on a table or counter to slice and dry.
Ingredients Needed to Make Roast Beef and Noodles
- extra virgin olive oil
- boneless arm roast
- yellow onion, chopped
- minced garlic
- Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic salt
- onion powder
- whole bay leaves
To Make the Noodles:
- frozen egg noodles or see my Homemade Recipe Here.
- beef bouillon cubes
- all-purpose flour + water for thickening paste
Instructions for Making This Recipe
In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil and brown roast on each side to sear in juices. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and saute until tender. Season with Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, whole bay leaves, dried parsley, dried basil, freshly ground black pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder. Add water as needed, keeping about 1″ of water on bottom.
Simmer for 3 hours until meat falls away from fork when pierced, adding more water as needed. Remove from pan and keep warm.
Prepare the Noodles at the End of the Cooking Time
If you’ve opted to make homemade egg noodles, start them at the beginning of this recipe to let them dry while the roast cooks. See my recipe for Homemade Egg Noodles Here.
To prepare the noodles, add water to meat juices. Add beef bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil. Add egg noodles and return to boil. Continue cooking for 15-18 minutes until tender.
In a small bowl, combine flour and 1/2 cup water to make paste. Stir into boiling noodles to thicken. Shred beef and add to noodles. Add dots of butter to the top of the dish. This recipe serves 8-10 people.
Serve over Refrigerator Mashed Potatoes.
See more Main Dishes Here.
Roast Beef and Noodles
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds boneless arm roast
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup water add more as needed
- 16 oz. package frozen egg noodles Homemade Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- In large dutch oven, heat oil and brown roast on each side to sear in juices. Add onion and garlic and saute until tender. Season with Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, bay leaves, dried parsley, dried basil, freshly ground black pepper, garlic salt, and onion powder. Add water as needed, keeping about 1" of water on bottom. Simmer for 3 hours until meat falls away from fork when pierced. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- To prepare noodles, add water to meat juices. Add beef bouillon cubes. Bring to boil. Add egg noodles and return to boil. Continue cooking for 15-18 minutes until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water to make paste. Stir into boiling noodles to thicken. Shred beef and add to noodles. Add 3-4 tablespoons butter on top. Serves 8-10.
I enjoy making Refrigerator Mashed Potatoes for family gatherings or church potlucks. They are so easy to make and can be prepared a day ahead. I’ve been making this recipe for years and it’s still one of my family’s most requested potato recipe.