This recipe for Cherry Almond Cake Bars is so easy to make and quite delicious. I like making it for family gatherings or potluck dinners at church. My husband loves the moist cake, and the dots of cherries with glaze and almonds makes it pretty …
Tag: Quick and Easy
Here’s a yummy recipe from my Aunt Ruth. Crunchy Broccoli Salad is the perfect dish to take to your next potluck dinner or family gathering. It’s easy, full of flavor, and people devour it. Broccoli Slaw, Carrots, Radishes, Golden Raisins, Sunflower Seeds, and the main attraction–Ramen Noodles.
You can opt to purchase the broccoli slaw in a salad mix at the store, or make your own, by grating the stalks from fresh broccoli.
Ingredients Needed to Make Crunchy Broccoli Salad
- broccoli slaw salad mix
- golden raisins
- sunflower seeds
- chicken flavored Ramen noodles
- apple cider vinegar
- vegetable oil
Instructions for this Salad
First off, you’ll want to prepare the ingredients. Peel the carrots, and then grate both the carrots and radishes. Chop the raisins, if desired. (Some people have an aversion to whole plump raisins, so if that’s the case in your family, chopping them seems to help.)
Crush the Ramen noodles into small pieces. This might be the most fun aspect of this recipe.
In a large bowl, mix together broccoli slaw, the grated carrots and radishes, raisins, sunflower seeds, and crushed Ramen noodles. Be sure to reserve 3 tablespoons of the noodles for garnishing at the last.
In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, prepare the dressing for the salad. Whisk together the vinegar, oil, and sugar until combined.
Pour dressing over the slaw mixture. Toss to combine. You may garnish with remaining noodles, if desired. This recipe will serve 6-8 people.
I hope you will enjoy this salad as much as we do! Go ahead and add it to your summer recipes!
See more Salad Recipes Here.
Crunchy Broccoli Salad
- 12 oz. broccoli coleslaw salad mix
- 1 large carrot peeled and grated
- 4 medium radishes grated
- 1/2 cup golden raisins chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 6 oz. chicken flavored Ramen noodles broken up
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Prepare the ingredients. Peel and grate the carrots and radishes. Chop the raisins, if desired. Crush the Ramen noodles into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together broccoli coleslaw, carrots, radishes, raisins, sunflower seeds, and noodles (leaving 3 tablespoons for tossing at the last).
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together vinegar, oil, and sugar.
- Pour dressing over the slaw mixture. Toss to combine. May garnish with remaining noodles, if desired. Serves 6-8.
PIN THIS TO A FAVORITE BOARD!
Sausage Bean Soup is a super easy recipe to make during the week. Browned pork sausage with canned navy beans and fresh carrots and celery. It’s simple and delicious and perfect for a cool evening served with skillet cornbread.