This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cherry Cheesecake is an easy dessert when you have last-minute company or want something special for a family gathering.
My brother Bob loves Cherry Cheesecake and has been requesting the dessert since he was a little boy. My mom used to make the packaged kind that came in a box–until I introduced her to this recipe. She doesn’t use the box kind anymore. Can you even buy that now?
Years ago, I used to bake pies for my brother when he ran a livestock auction cafe. I would make him up to a dozen pies a week–cherry, apple, peach, blueberry, and usually at least two of the delicious fluffy whipped desserts. They always disappeared quickly on auction day.
What You’ll Need to Make Cherry Cheesecake
- graham crackers
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- frozen whipped topping
- cherry pie filling
Putting it All Together
The recipe itself is quite simple. Make your graham cracker crust. I use my rolling pin to crush the graham crackers. An envelope of crackers makes right at the correct amount when crushed. Stir in the sugar and melted butter until crumbly. Then form the crust to a pie plate. I use a 9-inch glass pie plate for this recipe.
And although it’s not necessary, I like to bake my crust for a few minutes–five minutes is all it takes. But that little bit of time sets the crust so it doesn’t fall apart when you cut into it. Allow the crust to cool before you add the filling.
To make the filling, whip the cream cheese (room temperature) with a mixer until fluffy. Add in powdered sugar. Then with a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until combined with the cream cheese mixture. At this point, go ahead and have a taste. It’s so yummy!
Spoon the cheesecake filling into the graham cracker crust and top with a can of cherry pie filling. You may also use blueberry pie filling. It works great, too. Refrigerate to let it set up–or serve it right away if you’re unable to wait that long! This recipe serves 8-10, depending on how big of slices you make!
- 2 cups graham crackers finely crushed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping thawed
- 21 oz. cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Mix well. Place in glass pie plate and form crust using a spoon or your fingers. Press from the center of the pan up the sides to the top. Bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. With a rubber spatula, fold in whipped topping until fully incorporated. Spoon into cooled crust. Top with pie filling. Refrigerate for two hours before serving. Makes 6-8 servings.
PIN TO A FAVORITE BOARD!