Honey-Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Honey-Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs are a perfect choice for summer grilling. Very easy and quick to make for a weeknight dinner. They are tender and delicious, with a light honey sweetness and a little tang from the soy sauce.
When possible, I prefer cooking with boneless, skinless chicken thighs over chicken breasts as they are so juicy, tender, and flavorful. I always look for specials at the grocery store and try to buy in bulk when they are on sale, freezing the extra for later use.
(Post modified with new photos on 6/28/22.)
While I am no expert at grilling, I found this recipe very easy to do. Simply prepare your grill for cooking, and when it is ready, cook the chicken thighs covered for 8-15 minutes, turning once and brushing with the yummy honey glaze while they finish cooking.
Ingredients for Honey-Glazed Grilled Chicken Thighs
See full recipe in its entirety at the bottom of this post.
- low-sodium soy sauce
- garlic cloves
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Use a Digital Meat Thermometer
One cooking gadget I’ve found very helpful to gauge when your meat has cooked long enough while grilling is a Digital Meat Thermometer.
Insert the prong through the thickest portion of your meat, sideways rather than straight down, to get the most accurate temperature reading. For this recipe, cook the chicken until juices run clear to about 175-180 degrees.
Instructions for Making this Recipe
Prepare charcoal grill. While coals are heating, gather your ingredients so that you have everything close at hand on the counter or table.
Prepare Your Ingredients
Using a sharp Chef’s knife and cutting board, mince the garlic. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, low-sodium soy sauce, and minced garlic. Set aside.
Prepare the Chicken Thighs
Brush the chicken thighs with extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
When the grill is ready, cook chicken for 10-15 minutes, covered, until juice runs clear (175-180 degrees), turning twice and brushing with honey mixture during the last 7-8 minutes of cooking time.
Remove from the grill and cover with tinfoil to keep warm until ready to serve.
This recipe will serve 4-6 people.
Serve this quick weeknight dish with Mixed Vegetable Salad, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, or Mediterranean Garden Vegetable Salad.
See more Chicken Dishes Here. Browse Grilled Foods Here. View Main Dishes Here.
Honey-Glazed Grilled Chicken ThighsPrint Rate
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 whole garlic cloves minced
- 6 pieces boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare charcoal grill. While coals are heating, gather your ingredients so that you have everything on the counter or table.
- Using a sharp Chef's knife and cutting board, mince the garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, low-sodium soy sauce, and minced garlic. Set aside.
- Brush chicken thighs with extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When grill is ready, cook chicken for 10-15 minutes, covered, until juice runs clear (175-180 degrees), turning twice and brushing with the honey mixture during the last 7-8 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove from grill and cover with tinfoil to keep warm until ready to serve. Serves 4-6.