Baked Apricot-Glazed Chicken Thighs
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love using skinless, boneless, chicken thighs in my chicken recipes. The meat is always tender and juicy, and they make for a quick weeknight meal. These Baked Apricot-Glazed Chicken Thighs have the added bonus of a sweet and savory coating.
This dish is perfect for an Asian dinner, or simply paired with a green vegetable and rice.
Ingredients for Baked Apricot-Glazed Chicken Thighs
- skinless boneless chicken thighs
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- apricot preserves
- reduced sodium soy sauce
- red wine vinegar
- whole grain mustard
- freshly ground ginger
Instructions for Making This Recipe
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Gather your ingredients so that you have everything close at hand on the counter or table.
Prepare Your Ingredients
With a sharp knife and cutting board, mince the garlic. Using a fine-edge grater, grate the fresh ginger.
One of the easiest ways to peel the skin from fresh ginger root is to use the back edge of a spoon and just scrape the skin off. It works like a charm, and is much easier than trying to use a potato peeler or a knife. Then grate as needed.
I also like to freeze any unused ginger root in a plastic freezer bag. That way I always have fresh ginger when I need it.
Season the chicken thighs with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Buying Hint: When my grocer has skinless, boneless thighs on sale, I always try to buy as many packages as possible to freeze and use later.
Heat a large cast iron skillet and cook the seasoned chicken thighs in olive oil for 6-8 minutes on both sides, just to brown.
I like to cook this dish in large cast iron skillet, which will go seamlessly from the stove top to the oven. Plus, it is excellent for frying chicken.
Prepare the Glaze
In a glass bowl, whisk together apricot preserves, reduced sodium soy sauce, red wine vinegar, whole grain mustard, grated ginger and minced garlic.
I like to heat the apricot preserves in the microwave for 30-40 seconds for easier whisking.
Pour the glaze over the browned chicken. After that I like to add a few rosemary sprigs to the chicken to give it a little extra flavor.
Place the cast iron skillet in preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, brushing with glaze 2 more times.
This recipe will serve 4-6 people. Pair this chicken dish with your favorite Asian side dishes or with a salad or green vegetable. My Herbed Brown Rice goes well with it, too.
Baked Apricot-Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves heated in microwave for 30-40 seconds
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly ground
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Gather the ingredients so that you have everything close at hand on the counter or table.
Prepare the Ingredients
- Using a knife and cutting board, mince the garlic. Grate the fresh ginger root.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet and cook the seasoned chicken thighs in olive oil for 6-8 minutes on both sides, just to brown.
Prepare the Apricot Glaze
- In a glass bowl, whisk together the apricot preserves, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, whole grain mustard, freshly grated ginger and minced garlic.
- Pour the glaze over the browned chicken and tuck fresh rosemary sprigs around the chicken for extra flavor.
- Place the cast iron skillet in a preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, brushing with glaze 2 more times. Serves 4-6.