Breakfast Quiche is perfect for a weekend brunch or for a light supper with a salad. I love this recipe. It’s simple. And very tasty. It’s elegant and pretty enough for special entertaining, such as a Mother’s Day Brunch, or for Christmas or Easter. Yet …
This Ham and Hash Brown Egg Casserole is one of the easiest breakfast dishes to make. It’s perfect for when you have company or want something special on a weekend. Just mix it up the night before, cover, and refrigerate overnight. Then pop it in the oven the next morning and leave to bake for almost an hour.
Frozen Hash Browns make it so simple. I like to use the cubed kind, but shredded would work as well. I also buy packaged ham pieces at the store, but leftovers from your last ham dinner would be even better!
Ingredients to Make Ham and Hash Brown Egg Casserole
- frozen hash browns, the cubed kind
- Monterey jack pepper cheese
- cubed cooked ham
- large eggs
- half and half cream
- dried minced onion
- seasoned salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Instructions for Making This Recipe
Gather your ingredients so that you have everything close at hand. Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Grate the Pepper Jack Cheese. Chop ham into small cubes.
Arrange hash browns evenly on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham.
In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, onion, chives, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes and ham. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
Just as a note here, I have made this recipe the same morning as I baked it, and it turned out fine. But having it assembled the night before makes it even easier.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes until eggs are set. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. This recipe serves 8-10 people.
My husband and I love this dish. Make it on a weekend, or use it for easy reheating during the week. Serve it with your favorite muffin recipe or cinnamon rolls. Or try one of my muffin recipes HERE. Enjoy!
See more Breakfast Ideas Here.
Ham and Hash Brown Egg Casserole
- Gather your ingredients so that you have everything close at hand. Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Grate the Pepper Jack Cheese. Chop ham into small cubes.
- Arrange hash browns evenly on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with cheese and ham.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the large eggs, half and half cream, minced onion, dried chives, kosher salt and black pepper. Pour egg mixture over potatoes and ham. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes until eggs are set. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Serves 8-10
I received this Weekend Brunch Casserole recipe a long time ago at a 4-H cooking meeting when my girls were young. Lined with a crescent roll crust and topped with chopped ham or pork sausage, eggs, and mozzarella cheese. Simple and delicious.