Mom’s Homemade Ice Cream
Here’s my Mom’s Homemade Ice Cream recipe that is served at almost every family gathering we have on my mom’s side of the family. Creamy and sweet. A family favorite.
Memories of Eating Homemade Ice Cream
When I was a girl, my folks made homemade ice cream almost every weekend. We’d eat it in the winter or summer. It didn’t matter. We had one of those old crank machines, and I would often be called on to sit on the top of it to help hold it down when it got near the end of the freezing time.
We would eat the freshly made ice cream, and my dad would often go back for seconds. Maybe even thirds. Any extra would be stored in little butter containers and frozen. As a treat on Sunday mornings, Dad would let us eat right from those frozen containers. For breakfast. We’d each have our own. I have special memories of all of us gathered around our old wood stove eating ice cream for breakfast. Oh my. Good times.
These days my folks have an electric freezer. It’s still a White Mountain. They swear by them. But you can still go over to their house and most likely find Mom’s Homemade Ice Cream sitting in a tub in the freezer.
Ingredients Needed to Make Ice Cream
- large eggs (six of them)
- vanilla extract
- evaporated milk
- package of instant French Vanilla pudding
- Hershey’s chocolate bar with almonds
Steps on Making Ice Cream
In a mixing large bowl, whisk eggs on medium speed for two minutes. Add sugar, vanilla extract, evaporated milk and instant French Vanilla pudding to the eggs. Beat an additional three minutes.
Add 1/2 gallon milk to the egg mixture and beat until incorporated.
Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 gallon ice-cream freezer and stir in enough milk to bring to three-quarters full. Add the chopped Hershey’s chocolate at the last.
Mix according to freezer directions with ice and rock salt. Great for hot summer days. This recipe will serve 8-10.
See more Frozen Dessert Recipes Here.
Mom's Homemade Ice Cream
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 small instant French Vanilla Pudding
- 6.8 oz Giant Hershey's Chocolate Bar with Almonds chopped
- In large bowl, beat eggs on medium speed for two minutes. Add sugar, vanilla extract, evaporated milk and pudding to eggs and beat an additional three minutes. Add 1/2 gallon milk and beat again.
- Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 gallon ice-cream freezer and add enough milk to bring to three-quarters full. Add chopped chocolate.
- Mix according to freezer directions with ice and rock salt. Should be done in 30 minutes. Serves 8-10
PIN THIS ON A FAVORITE BOARD!
2 thoughts on “Mom’s Homemade Ice Cream”
This looks like one delicious recipe. I can see why its popular!
Thanks for stopping by CH! Just had some of this ice cream last night. So good. Enjoy!