Ranch Dressing Mix
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Store Ranch Dressing Mix in your cupboard for when you need salad dressing. You may also use it in dips or other recipes.
I love (DIY) Do-it-Yourself food projects. In the past I’ve made my own pancake syrup, pancake mix, spice mixes, and of course, salad dressing mixes. Spice and Salad Dressing Mixes are so easy to do. Hardly any work at all.
The trick is having the correct ingredients, but if you’re pantry or spice cabinet is well-stocked, you shouldn’t have a problem. What makes a well stocked spice cabinet? Below I’ve listed my top 25 spices and herbs that I like to keep in my cabinet. Of course, you might want more or less, depending on how much you cook and your preferences. But this is a nice start for the recipes you’ll find on this site, including Ranch Dressing Mix.
25 Herbs and Spices to Store in Your Pantry:
- Cayenne/Red Pepper
- Celery Seed
- Chili Powder
- Curry Powder
- Dill Leaves
- Thyme Leaves
- Garlic Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Ground Cloves
- Onion Powder
- Onion Salt
- Poppy Seed
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Seasoned Salt
- Sesame Seed
Ingredients Needed for Ranch Dressing Mix
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
saltine crackers, dried parsley, dried minced onion, dried chives, dried thyme, dill, freshly ground black pepper, garlic salt, onion salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
Putting it all Together
Combine the above dressing ingredients in a food processor. Whirl together until crumbs are very small. Store this in an airtight container. This will make a little over 3 cups and will keep for up to a year in a cool, dry place.
To Make the Ranch Dressing:
In a food processor or blender mix together: 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 cup buttermilk, 1 tablespoon dressing mix. Pour mixture into a pint jar or serving vessel. Cover and allow to chill for 4 hours.
To use, pour over your favorite salad. This recipe will make approximately 2 cups.
Ranch Dressing Mix
- 12 individual saltine crackers
- 1 cup dried parsley
- 1/2 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup dried chives
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried dill leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
To Make Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon dressing mix
To Make the Dressing Mix:
- Combine the first twelve ingredients in a food processor. Whirl together until crumbs are very small. Store in airtight container. This will make approximately 3 cups and will keep for up to a year in a cool, dry place.
To Make into a Dressing:
- Using a food processor or blender, mix together mayonnaise, buttermilk, and dressing mix. May add more dressing mix, to suite your taste preference.
- Pour into a pint jar or serving vessel. Cover and allow to chill for 4 hours. Pour over your favorite lettuce salad. This will make approximately 2 cups of dressing.
PIN THIS TO A FAVORITE BOARD!