Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love Italian food, and one of my favorite dishes to serve is spaghetti with red sauce. This Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce is perfect for days when you don’t have time to make the sauce on the stove. Or the meatballs.
Just brown the sausage and stir it into the other ingredients. Set your slow-cooker on low and let it do the work. When it’s time for dinner, all you have to do is cook the spaghetti and in ten minutes you’re ready to eat!
Shopping List for Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce
- ground pork sausage
- diced tomatoes
- Italian-style diced tomatoes
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- Worcestershire sauce
- red wine vinegar
- bay leaf
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Instructions on Making This Recipe
In a large skillet, brown sausage; drain any excess grease and set aside. Saute onion and mushrooms in olive oil until tender.
In a large slow cooker, combine tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, wine vinegar, bay leaf, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir together. Add browned sausage.
Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
When ready to serve, prepare your favorite dried spaghetti per package directions. Or make your own! See my Homemade Spaghetti Recipe Here.
Serve spaghetti sauce over cooked spaghetti. This recipe will serve 6-8 people.
Once I tried this Slow-Cooked Spaghetti Sauce, I vowed never to go back to canned spaghetti sauce–ever again. I hope you’ll enjoy it too.
See more Italian Dishes Here.
- 1 pound ground pork sausage browned
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes Italian style
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes regular
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon parsley dried
- 1 tablespoon basil dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti See Homemade Recipe Here.
- In large skillet, brown sausage; drain and set aside. Saute onion and mushrooms in olive oil until tender.
- In slow cooker, combine tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, wine vinegar, bay leaf, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Stir together. Add browned sausage. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Prepare dried spaghetti as directed or make homemade spaghetti.
- Serve sauce over cooked spaghetti. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan. Delicious! Serves 6-8
SAVE THIS TO A FAVORITE BOARD!