Cheesy Bread Sticks
Serve Cheesy Bread Sticks the next time you make Spaghetti and Meatballs or your favorite pasta dish. Our family loves this recipe and there are never any leftovers. In fact, we sometimes call dibs for the last piece. (Fighting at the table is not allowed.)
I’ve been making this recipe for years, every since our daughters were young. They liked it then and they still love it today. As do their husbands. And our grandchildren.
The bread is an old pizza dough recipe I used to make. It’s soft with a hint of sweetness. And it’s loaded with gooey Mozzarella Cheese. Salty garlic powder. Sweet and tasty Chives. Or use dried Parsley if you prefer. Your taste buds will be in heaven. I’m drooling now, just thinking about it.
Ingredients Needed to Make Cheesy Bread Sticks
- all-purpose flour
- instant yeast
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder
- dried chives
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
Instructions on Making this Recipe
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Measure out water and add in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir the water and oil mixture into the flour and knead until dough forms a ball, about 5-7 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes.
On a floured surface, roll dough out into a 12″ x 15″ rectangle. Transfer dough to a greased sheet pan.
Sprinkle remaining olive oil on surface, spreading to edges. Allow dough to rise for 30 minutes. Sprinkle dough with garlic powder, chives, and grated cheese. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Cut into finger slices. Makes 14-16 slices.
Serve these bread sticks with your Favorite Italian Dinner. We like them with Spaghetti and Meatballs.
Cheesy Bread Sticks
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 tablespoons Extra-Virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In medium bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Measure water and add to it 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir water into flour and mix well until dough forms a ball. Let rest 10 minutes.
- On floured surface roll dough to form a 12" x 15" rectangle. Transfer dough to a greased sheet pan. Sprinkle remaining olive oil on surface, spreading to edges with your fingers. Cover. Allow dough to rise for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, chives, and grated cheese. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Slice down center of the bread, then cut into 2" slices. Makes 14-16 pieces.
PIN THIS TO A FAVORITE BOARD!
2 thoughts on “Cheesy Bread Sticks”
The cheesy bread sticks look tasty. Ü
Thanks for stopping by, Cindi. Hope you enjoy the bread sticks. They are quite yummy!