Black Bean Salsa
Black Bean Salsa is an easy and tasty appetizer to make for your family or gathering.
It’s so easy, and the ingredients are common enough to be in everyone’s pantry.
I have to add here, that I just LOVE black beans. It was only a few years ago, that I had even tried them. I mean, as a girl, I had never even heard of them! Apparently, they started to become popular in the US grocery market in the late 1980’s. Like other legumes, they are high in fiber and protein and have many other health benefits to them. See information on that HERE.
Eat Beans. They are Good for You!
I love black beans in my Mexican dishes, as refried beans, in salads. Oh my. This dip offers a perfect use for them as well. I hope you will like it as much as we do!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Black Bean Salsa
- canned corn
- sweet onion
- green bell pepper
- lemon juice
- red wine vinegar
- Louisiana Hot Sauce
- minced garlic
- ground red pepper
- black pepper
Tips on Making This Recipe
Place drained beans and corn in a serving bowl. I like to use Green Giant Corn Niblets, but their Mexicorn would also be fantastic for this recipe.
Mince your onion and dice the green pepper. Add to beans.
Mix together the liquids and spices. If you want to use Tabasco sauce instead of Louisiana Hot Sauce, please do. Also, you could substitute chili powder for the ground red pepper.
Pour liquids and spices over the beans and vegetables, mixing well.
Cover and refrigerate overnight to let things marinate.
Serve with your favorite Corn Chips. We love On the Border or Tostitos.
See more Mexican Dishes Here. And more Dips and Appetizers Here.
Black Bean Salsa
- 15 oz. black beans drained
- 15 oz corn drained
- 1 cup sweet onion minced
- 1/2 whole green bell pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Using a knife and cutting board, prepare onion and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, red wine vinegar, hot sauce, garlic, ground red pepper, and black pepper.
- In medium bowl, combine beans, corn, onion, and bell pepper. Pour lemon juice mixture over the beans and mix well. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight. Serve with corn chips. Serves 6-8.
PIN TO A FAVORITE BOARD!