Karen Witemeyer’s Cowboy Dip
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Share this Recipe!
See Karen Witemeyer’s Cowboy Dip below.
For those who love to smile as they read, bestselling author Karen Witemeyer offers warmhearted historical romance with a flair for humor, feisty heroines, and swoon-worthy Texas heroes. Voted #1 Readers’ Favorite Christian Romance Author in 2019 by Family Fiction Magazine, Karen is a two-time winner of the ACFW Carol Award and three-time RITA® finalist. Karen is a firm believer in the power of happy endings. . . and ice cream. She is an avid cross-stitcher, and makes her home in Abilene, TX with her husband and three children. Learn more at www.karenwitemeyer.com or join her private Facebook group-The Posse.
Karen’s Latest Book Release – At Love’s Command
Haunted by the horrors of war, ex-cavalry officer Matthew Hanger leads a band of mercenaries known as Hanger’s Horsemen who have become legends in 1890s Texas. They defend the innocent and obtain justice for the oppressed. But when a rustler’s bullet leaves one of them at death’s door, they’re the ones in need of saving.
Dr. Josephine Burkett is used to men taking one look at her skirts and discounting her medical skills. What she’s not used to is having a man change his mind in a heartbeat and offer to assist her in surgery. Matthew Hanger’s dedication to his friend during recovery earns Josephine’s respect, and when she hears of her brother’s abduction, he becomes her only hope for rescue.
Matt has stared down ruthless outlaws, betrayal, and injury, but when a bossy lady doctor crawls under his skin, his heart is tempted to surrender. And when she is caught in the crossfire, he may have to sacrifice everything–even his team–to save her. Buy the book HERE.
See more Featured Author Recipes Here.
Karen Witemeyer's Cowboy Dip
- 6.9 oz Spanish rice prepared
- 2 lbs Ground hamburger browned
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs Velveta cubed we prefer the white queso flavor
- 10 oz Rotel diced tomatoes and peppers we prefer mild, drained
- Corn chips
- Prepare the Spanish rice according to box directions.
- Cook hamburger. Season with salt and pepper. Drain grease.
- In a Crock Pot, place cubed cheese, hamburger, rice, and Rotel. Set on high, stirring occasionally until melted and heated through (about 30-45 minutes).
- Serve by the bowlful with chips for a meal, or use as a warm party dip. Serves 4-6.
Share this Recipe!