This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Cinnamon Rolls are so delightful, I’m sure you will enjoy them and make them time-and-time again.
Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
What’s not to love? Pillowy-soft dough that practically melts in your mouth. Cream Cheese Icing. Filled with buttery brown sugar and cinnamon. Pecans and Raisins.
This is a recipe that my mom makes in her bread machine, but I’ve adapted it to fit my needs.
Wrapped inside these lovely rolls you’ll find melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and chopped pecans. My husband insists that any good cinnamon roll should have pecans and raisins. I tend to agree.
I like that this recipe makes just enough. A dozen rolls. Enough for a small family gathering but not so much that you end up with lots leftover.
Cinnamon rolls are always best the day they are made. Even more so, when they are still warm from the oven!
You could even freeze them once they have been filled and rolled. Set them on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper and place in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then place frozen rolls in a plastic freezer bag until ready to use. At that time, bring to room temperature and allow to rise until double. Bake and finish as instructed.
Which brings us to the Cream Cheese Icing. Oh my!
In a small bowl, combine the ingredients — Cream Cheese, Butter, Vanilla, Powdered Sugar. Then add Hot Water, a little bit at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Once it reaches a creamy consistency, spread over the warm rolls. It’s so delicious!
I hope you will enjoy these Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing as much as we do! Serve with a large glass of ice cold milk.
See more Cinnamon Roll Recipes Here.
- 1/2 cup scalded milk
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1/2 cup melted butter divided
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar divided
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons hot water
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In large mixing bowl, mix together scalded milk, water, butter, sugar, salt and egg. Add one cup of flour and yeast and mix together until smooth. Add in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5-8 minutes. Place in greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- When doubled, punch down dough. Roll out on floured surface into a 15" x 9" rectangle. Spread 1/3 cup melted butter over dough. Sprinkle buttered dough with 1 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. Top that with raisins and nuts. Roll up dough, beginning with long side, and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Coat the bottom of a 9" x 12" baking pan with remaining melted butter and brown sugar. Place cinnamon rolls close together in pan. Cover and allow to rise until double, about 30-40 minutes. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make icing: In small bowl, mix together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until the icing reaches desired consistency. Spread over warm rolls. Makes 12 rolls.
PIN THIS ON A FAVORITE BOARD