Glazed English Walnuts
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate, and a King Arthur Baking affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Glazed English Walnuts are delicious and there are so many ways to use them! As a Snack. For a Tea Party. On a Wine and Cheese Tray. With Fruit and Yogurt. In a Salad. With Pancakes and Syrup. On top of oatmeal. The possibilities are practically endless!
(Post modified with new photos on 8/4/23.)
My mom makes this recipe every Christmas with the new harvest of pecans and gives them as gifts.
I like making this recipe with English Walnuts. I buy the great big 2 pound package of whole and half size English Walnuts, which makes 8 cups. This uses up all of the glaze, and the coating is not as thick as my mom’s. But we like it.
Glazed English Walnuts remind me of the nuts we used to get at McDonald’s in their fruit tray. They’re easy to make and are wonderful served with fresh strawberries, apples, or grapes. And with Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt. Yum! Or simply by the handful as a snack! Plus, they are perfect for a holiday gathering or a tea party!
More Fun Snack Ideas
Ingredients for Glazed English Walnuts
(See the full recipe at the bottom of this post.)
- extra large egg white
- granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- kosher salt
- English walnuts, whole and halves
Instructions for Making This Recipe
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Gather your ingredients so that you have everything close at hand on the counter or table.
In a small bowl, beat the egg white until frothy. Add water and beat again until really frothy. Mix in granulated sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon. Whisk well to combine.
Add English walnuts to the sugar mixture, mixing to coat well.
Spread walnuts onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat for easy clean-up.
Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving. This recipe makes 8 cups.
Serve Glazed English Walnuts in a pretty dish at a tea party, on a charcuterie tray, as a snack, or with yogurt. There are so many ways to serve them.
You may store these walnuts in a tightly sealed container for up to two months. If they last that long!
Glazed English Walnuts
- 1 x-large egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 cups English walnuts whole and halves
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Gather the ingredients so that you have everything close at hand on the counter or table.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg white until frothy. Add water and beat again until even more frothy. Mix in granulated sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- Add walnuts to the sugar mixture, mixing to coat well.
- Spread the sugared walnuts onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve. May store in a tightly sealed container for one to two months. Makes 8 cups.