This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I enjoy making Spinach Dip during the holidays or for family gatherings. A creamy dip seasoned with chopped spinach, dried veggies, and crunchy water chestnuts. It really is delicious.
I first tried this dip as a girl at my grandma’s house. She and my grandpa “liked” spinach, and she encouraged me to try it. I normally turned up my nose at anything that had to do with spinach. But I loved my grandma and wanted to please her. So I dipped a carrot into it and took a bite.
Then I dipped another carrot into the dip and had a second bite. I loved it! It was so GOOD! Who knew that spinach could be so yummy!
And that my friends, is how you learn to try new things! How you learn to enjoy and love new foods! I encourage you to always give new foods at least one bite. Or two.
This Spinach Dip is so easy to make.
Ingredients Needed to Make Spinach Dip
- real mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- sour cream
- dried vegetable soup mix
- frozen chopped spinach
- water chestnuts
- freshly ground black pepper
- assorted raw vegetables
Instructions for Making This Recipe
Gather your ingredients so that you have everything close at hand on the counter or table. Prepare your ingredients. Thaw the frozen chopped spinach in the microwave and squeeze out the water. (I use my hands to do this job.) Using a knife and cutting board, chop the water chestnuts into small chunks.
In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and dried vegetable soup mix. Stir in the squeeze-dried spinach and chopped water chestnuts until mixed well.
Place in a pretty serving bowl, cover and refrigerate the dip for at least 2 hours to let the ingredients meld with each other. Serve with your favorite fresh raw vegetables such as carrots, celery, sliced cucumbers, broccoli florets, bell peppers, radishes, etc.
This recipe will make 3 cups of dip.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 envelope Dried Vegetable Soup Mix
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 oz water chestnuts drained and chopped
- Assorted raw vegetables
- Gather your ingredients so that you have everything close at hand on the counter or table. Prepare your ingredients. Thaw frozen chopped spinach in the microwave and squeeze the water from it with your hands. Using a knife and cutting board, chop water chestnuts into small chunks.
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and dried vegetable soup mix. Stir in drained spinach and chopped water chestnuts.
- Place in a serving bowl and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with fresh vegetables. Makes 3 cups.