Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate, and a King Arthur Baking affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is moist and tender, flavored with pumpkin puree and yummy mini chocolate chips. It’s lovely with a cup of coffee or to serve at your next tea party!
(Post modified with new photos on 10/31/23.)
I’ve been making this recipe for many years now. One of my favorite ways to make it is using a mini loaf pan, so that I can share the yummy pumpkin bread with my family or friends.
Nordic Ware also makes these beautiful loaf pans perfect for autumn. Depending on how you use this recipe, you may need to use varying sizes of loaf pans.
Also, if using a decorative pan, you may need to trim the bottom of the bread so that it will lay flat. When I bake bread in my Harvest Bounty Loaf pan, I almost always need to trim the rounded “top” before turning it out onto a platter.
More Pumpkin Recipes to Enjoy
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Maple Cinnamon Rolls
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle with Gingersnaps
- Pumpkin Walnut Scones
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
(See the full recipe at the bottom of this post.)
- vegetable oil
- granulated sugar
- large eggs (4 of them)
- pumpkin puree
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- ground ginger
- mini chocolate chips
- chopped pecans or English walnuts
Instructions for Making This Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan(s) with baking spray. If you are using a decorative pan, you may opt to grease and flour the pan or spray it with Baker’s Joy for easy release.
Gather your ingredients so that everything is close at hand for use. Using a knife or nut chopper, chop pecans or English walnuts. If I have pecans in my pantry, I prefer using them in this recipe.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the vegetable oil and granulated sugar. Add in the large eggs and pumpkin puree.
In a small bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Whisk to combine.
Gradually mix the flour into the pumpkin mixture, using a batter whisk or spatula.
Using a rubber spatula, fold in mini chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans, filling to 2/3 or 3/4 from top. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This recipe will makes 5 small loaves or 2 large loaves. Serve on small platter with butter.
See more Pumpkin Recipes Here.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans or English walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan(s) with baking spray. Gather your ingredients so that everything is close at hand for use.
Chop the Nuts
- Using a knife or nut chopper, chop pecans or English walnuts.
Prepare the Batter
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, large eggs and pumpkin puree.
- In a small bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Add to pumpkin mixture. Mix just to incorporate.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in mini chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 4 mini loaves, or 2 large loaves.