Sirloin Steak Marinade
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sirloin Steak Marinade is a recipe we have been enjoying for many years.
Of course, it’s perfect for sirloin steak, but we’ve been known to put it on other types of steak as well. Even KC Strips–although many people would frown on such an idea. It just shows how much we love the flavor of this marinade.
Ingredients for Sirloin Steak Marinade
This marinade is easy to make and uses the following ingredients:
- Soy Sauce (I prefer the low sodium version)
- Onion and garlic
- Lime Juice
- Brown sugar
- And hot pepper sauce. (You could use Tabasco or my choice of madness is Louisiana Hot Sauce)
Instructions and a Few Tips
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, chopped onion, minced garlic, lime juice, brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce. Place your steaks in a large freezer bag and pour the marinade over the steaks, shaking them until the steaks have been covered.
Seal the bag and marinate the steaks for at least 6 hours, turning occasionally. Overnight is good, too. I like to set the bag in a large stainless bowl or cake pan to help protect from any accidental spills.
When you’re ready to cook your steaks, simply remove them from the marinade. Pat them dry with a paper towel and then either grill on hot charcoal or broil them in your oven for 4-6 minutes on each side until you’ve reached the desired doneness. We’ve cooked them both ways, and they are both excellent!
Try this steak marinade the next time you grill. Serve steaks with Oven Baked Fries and a Spinach Salad. Yum!
Wine Suggestion: Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds sirloin steak 1 inch thick
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce, onion, garlic, lime juice, brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce. Place steaks in a gallon freezer bag. Pour marinade over steaks. Place bag inside a large bowl to help protect against accidental spills. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill for cooking. Remove steaks from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Grill 4-6 minutes or each side. May also broil in oven if desired. Serves 4
PIN THIS TO A FAVORITE BOARD!
2 thoughts on “Sirloin Steak Marinade”
Love this marinade recipe, one of the best I’ve ever found. I love it with steak, and have used it for chicken and salmon as well, works wonderful!
We’ve been making this marinade for many years. Thanks for adding your thoughts on this, Sam! I love the idea of using it for chicken and salmon!