Spinach Beet Salad
This Spinach Beet Salad is a wonderful addition to your summer meals. Fresh Baby Spinach, Mandarin Oranges, Glazed English Walnuts, Pickled Beets, and Feta Cheese, with a delightful sweet vinaigrette. Serve either as a side salad or as a light dinner salad with flatbread.
Incorporated into this salad are two of my favorite recipes: Glazed English Walnuts and Easy Pickled Beets. Now, of course, you may use plain English walnuts and/or sliced beets instead. That’s up to you. But I think you will really enjoy the blended flavor that each of these gives to the salad.
This spinach salad is so easy to make. You don’t even need to cut up any vegetables to put on it. Just open up a bag of spinach, drain a can of mandarin oranges and toss everything together.
So, let’s get started!
Ingredients Needed for Spinach Beet Salad
- package of baby spinach
- mandarin oranges
- Glazed English Walnuts
- Easy Pickled Beets
- Feta Cheese
And for the Dressing:
- balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to Make the Salad and Dressing
In a large salad bowl, layer spinach, mandarin oranges, English walnuts, and beets. Gently toss to incorporate.
In a small bowl, mix together Balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, and freshly ground black pepper. Slowly add olive oil and whisk until the dressing emulsifies. At this point you may pour it into a serving cruet, if desired.
When ready to serve, drizzle the vinegar dressing over the salad. Sprinkle individual servings with Feta cheese as desired. This salad will serve 4-6 people.
Find more Salad Recipes Here. See Flatbread Recipes Here.
Spinach Beet Salad
- 12 oz baby spinach
- 15 oz. mandarin oranges
- English Walnuts See Recipe for Glazed English Walnuts
- Sliced Beets or Pickled Beets See Recipe Here
- Feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, layer spinach, oranges, walnuts, and beets. Gently toss to combine.
To Make the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, mix together Balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, and black pepper. Slowly add olive oil and whisk until the dressing emulsifies. If desired, pour into a cruet bottle for serving.
- When ready to serve, drizzle vinegar dressing over salad. Sprinkle individual servings with Feta cheese as desired. Serves 4-6
PIN THIS TO A FAVORITE BOARD!