Pineapple Zucchini Bread
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Pineapple Zucchini Bread is a great way to “get rid” of some of your garden vegetables.
Plus, it doesn’t even taste like the dreaded vegetable that begins with a “Z”. In fact, you’ll hardly even know it’s there. The shredded zucchini blends into the batter as it bakes creating a moist bread sweetened with pineapple and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. Believe me, your family will love it!
Even those who are not a fan of this vegetable will like this bread.
Even those who are not a fan of this vegetable will like this bread–though you may have to squeeze the compliment out of them!
This is the perfect recipe to use with those big, slightly overgrown zucchini that someone brought in from the garden. If the zucchini is too big, cut the seed out of the centers and shred the rest after you peel it.
Ingredients Needed to Make Pineapple Zucchini Bread
- large eggs (2 of them)
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- shredded zucchini
- crushed pineapple
Directions on Making this Quick Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a box grater, shred the peeled zucchini. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Beat well on medium speed.
In a small bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Stir this into your egg mixture just until moistened.
With a plastic spatula, fold in zucchini and undrained pineapple to incorporate with the rest of the batter.
Pour the batter into two greased loaf pans. Bake for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then remove from pans. Allow to completely cool on a wire rack. This recipe makes 2 loaves.
Pineapple Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups zucchini peeled and shredded. Do NOT squeeze dry
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple undrained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a box grater, shred peeled zucchini into a bowl. Do not squeeze dry. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Beat well.
- In small bowl mix together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir the flour into the egg mixture until moistened. Fold in zucchini and pineapple.
- Pour batter into two greased loaf pans. Bake for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaves comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Then remove from pans and cool on a wire rack. Makes 2 loaves.
PIN THIS TO A FAVORITE BOARD!