Pineapple Zucchini Bread
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Pineapple Zucchini Bread is a great way to use some of your excess garden vegetables. The shredded zucchini blends into the batter as it bakes creating a moist bread sweetened with pineapple and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. Believe me, your family will love it!
(Post modified with new photos on 9/13/22.)
Plus, this bread doesn’t even taste like the dreaded vegetable that begins with a “Z”. In fact, you’ll hardly even know it’s there. Even those who are not a fan of zucchini will like this bread–though you may have to squeeze the compliment out of them! I know, because when as a girl, I was one of them!
My grandma used to make zucchini bread or cake in the summer. She always hesitated when I asked her what she’d made, because she was afraid I wouldn’t try it. So, I would taste a bite, and of course, I would love it. Then she’d laugh and tell me it had zucchini in it! Foiled again!
This is the perfect recipe to use with those big, slightly overgrown zucchini that someone brought in from the garden. If the zucchini is too big, cut the seed out of the centers and shred the rest after you peel it.
Ingredients for Pineapple Zucchini Bread
(See full recipe at the bottom of this post.)
- granulated sugar
- large eggs (2 of them)
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- shredded zucchini
- crushed pineapple
Directions for Making this Quick Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Gather your ingredients so that you have everything close at hand on the counter or table. Using a box grater, shred the peeled zucchini. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, large eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Beat well on medium speed.
In a small bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Stir this into your egg mixture just until moistened.
With a plastic spatula, fold in the shredded zucchini and undrained pineapple to incorporate with the rest of the batter. Spoon the batter into two greased loaf pans.
Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes and then remove from pans. Allow to completely cool on a wire rack before slicing. This recipe makes 2 loaves and will serve 24 people, which makes it great for taking to potluck dinners.
Pineapple Zucchini Bread
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups zucchini peeled and shredded. Do NOT squeeze dry
- 8 oz. crushed pineapple undrained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Gather you ingredients so that you have everything close at hand on the counter or table.
- Using a box grater, shred peeled zucchini into a bowl. Do not squeeze dry. Set aside.Spray two 9-inch loaf pans with baking spray.
Prepare the Batter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar, large eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Beat well.
- In small bowl mix together the all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir the flour into the egg mixture until moistened. Fold in zucchini and pineapple.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of loaves comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Then remove from pans and cool on a wire rack. Makes 2 loaves.